28 December 2006

Prophecy

This hasn’t been a good afternoon.  Sigo’s grandfather died Sunday, so she left on the plane today for the funeral and won’t be back until Sunday night.  Work is as dead as it can get, hardly a phone call, and when it is, its usually a simple fix.  Normally, I can work with figures and formulae all day long and once I’m involved in it, the day flies by.  Not today.  I knew something bad was coming when I woke up this morning.  After the alarm woke me, I was wide awake, with the gut feeling that something was terribly, terribly wrong.  I’m still trying to locate the source of the impending alarm.  This is not a figment.  When I get this gut wrench, there’s usually a major problem following in its footsteps.  Self fulfilling prophecy?  Usually not – it usually comes from an outside source, not something I do or have done.  The Sigo made it to her destination ok, so no plane crash.  Always a good thing, that surviving a landing deal.  I feel like I’m getting pushed back into a dark corner.  Pinned in the blackness, unable to move.  Screaming and clawing to get out.  Can’t.  Won’t.  It’s a terrible world out there.

 

Michael

 

                                                                               

1 comment:

Roadchick said...

Keep in touch.

You know the routine.

The straitjacket for two is waiting.