27 December 2006

Closing Out the Year

This one is a challenge of my own making, and those readers who wish may consider yourself Tagged for same.  Just leave a comment saying you accepted and complied.  ;) 

 

Five Things I missed this Year

-        Snow

-        Mountains

-        My Dad

-        The old Sigo I once knew

-        Every Day off Between Christmas and New Years

 

Five Things I wish I’d missed this Year

-        a house full of screaming youngin’s when the migraine is kicking in

-        talking to Ex-Sigo for any reason

-        back problems

-        That Stupid, stupid, stupid, sorry ass deer that I DIDN’T miss

-        The Crocodile Guy’s Death.  That was a true loss to many.

 

Five Things I Actually EXPECT to happen Next Year (no wishful thinking, please)

-        taxes to go up

-        gas to go up about 40%

-        a hurricane to hit the Texas Gulf Coast

-        The Sigo and I to be history if things don’t change in the next 6 weeks or so

-        To get a raise

 

Five Things I Wish/Resolve to Happen

-        Exercise better and more regularly

-        The Sigo and I to turn back the clock and figure it all out and fix it

-        To get a BIG raise

-        To quit smoking, shortly after the $1.00 per pack tax increase – those fucking cigarette Nazi’s

-        To continue to post semi regularly to this blog and keep up with the growing number of “Friends and Lovers” blogs, as Fringes would put it.      

 

 

4 comments:

Roadchick said...

Interesting - veddy, veddy interesting.

The 'chick would play along but she has a suspicious streak 10 miles wide and avoids predictions regarding herself, so she'll just sit this one out.

mist1 said...

I am thinking about quitting smoking too. Will need a support group. Except, support groups always make me want to smoke.

Michael Thomas said...

'chick - do 1, 2, and 4. They don't involve predictions. Consider yourself personally tagged for trying to squeeze out of it.

Mist - Let's get a smoker's support group together. If we get enough second hand smoke from each other, we'll all quit - or die - something like that.....

And if the above 20 items sound too serious for you - It ain't 2007 yet, so my resolution ain't in effect! I can be as morbid as I like for the next 5 days or so.

Neener Neener!

Michael

fringes said...

Very nice and introspective post. I enjoyed getting to know you better while reading it. Good luck on things with Sigo. Either way it goes, it will turn out alright.

I didn't know you smoked. Glad the Nazi tax is making you quit.