22 January 2007

Deathbed

Have you ever seen a ghoul come crawling out of bed, skin flaking away, traces of drool flying this way and that, unable to stand, barely able to crawl, almost belly crawling like a snake towards the Great Porcelain Idol? Yes indeed, that was me this weekend. I truly thank my loving three year old daughter for passing on the kind of debilitating stomach flu that leaves a kid lifeless like a wet noodle and blows past a so called flu shot like a junkie snorting a line of coke through a rolled dollar bill, taking down both Sigo and myself within hours of each other. Then, after playing all morning without a care in the world, my five year old son goes from full of energy to another lifeless noodle in the space of only half an hour. This stuff was incredible. If onset hadn’t happened on three separate days, I would have admitted all of us for food poisoning. Absolutely insane. Screaming from both ends, the kids couldn’t take but about a dropper full of pedialite without losing it all. So I spent Friday evening to Sunday morning either on my back near the bathroom, or downstairs when it was my turn to crawl down there and watch the kids. So I’m behind on posting. My stats show it. Everyone has their bloglines or their livebookmarks set these days, so most people don’t even show up unless a new one pops up or they’ve commented on an old one. So be it, I can’t care right now. Not in me. This physical set back was not good timing in conjunction with other things going on. My one concern right now is getting back home, crawling into recliner, and watching season opener of Heroes and DVR of 24. I’ll be back eventually. I haven’t dropped off face of earth yet. I just feel that way. Or wish I had.

Michael


Photo Credit - "Silent Hill" Konami


8 comments:

briliantdonkey said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick, but glad you are starting to pull out of it at least. You are sure to enjoy the premier of '24'. I am a big fan of the show myself and one of them may very well have been the best episode yet in my opinion. As for the bloglines thing that has occurred to me at times as well. I see them and still click through to the actual sites myself but wonder if I am the exception or the rule. Enjoy the show,

BD

mist1 said...

Are you posting this from The Beyond, or do you feel better yet?

Michael Thomas said...

Was coming out of it on Sunday but last night and this Morning, feel like I'm relapsing. I hate it when stomach does somersaults when I'm standing still. I'd much rather participate, ya know? But Saturday, Mist, the Beyond was looking mighty attractive. As was the Monastery. BD - saw the first four episodes of 24 last week, DVR'd last nights as only had time to get Heroes in. Looks to be an awesome season on Heroes. And the last two I watch are back this week too - Its time to get LOST in JERICHO!

Roadchick said...

And somehow, you've managed to infect the 'chick over the innernets.

Stunning.

:-(

Susan said...

Who was happy heroes was on last night to distract her? Me of course. Sorry to hear you're feelin' bad dearie. Hope it rushes on through you...

Anonymous said...

It's like the black plague is sweeping through Blogistan.

Michael Thomas said...

Full relapse. Posting from the beyond. At home, on my ten year old lap top. ACK! For those of you who took such macabre delight in explaining how stomach viruses are different and hang around for weeks - I fart in your general direction, you stinking English Pig dogs!

fringes said...

I haven't been sick in more than two months. I hope you get well soon. Until then, stay away from me.