05 October 2006

I Almost Pulled It

Yes, I almost pulled that last post.  I could have lived with 8 or 9 people reading that.  What is it about this blogging thing that makes it okay to spill your guts to total strangers about material and events that you’ve never even told to your closest friends?  Is it because they don’t have a history with you, which would color their responses?  Is it because, with them being total strangers, that you aren’t at risk of losing anything if they react badly, unlike people you actually know and have to deal with? 

Better yet, what is it about reading someone’s deepest secrets that brings us back for more.  What keeps us reading those blogs that make us wait breathlessly to see how an ongoing situation turns out, like we don’t have any life of our own and are living vicariously through another person that has what we deem to be a more exciting life?

I nearly pulled that post because once your readers have gotten through something like that, nothing will ever be quite the same for them, or for you, again.  It’s moments like that which can change the direction or nature of a blog for good.

I didn’t pull it, because I’m that fatalistic type at times where, once said, I see no bother to retract something, for good or evil.  I did it, it’s done, and now we go from there.  For those that wish to continue the Journey, join me as we move forward.  For those that don’t, I wish you the best in life.

October of 1985 was truly The Straw That Broke The Camel’s Back.  But it also opened a door of understanding into some of the things that were driving my life, and gave me some explanations to some questions I thought would always remain unanswered.  In the end, it was actually a good thing.  It’s just hard to see that when you’re standing in a dark room, with only the faint outline of a door in front of you.  Touching that knob can be the most grueling process on an entire lifetime.

Dream Well

 

Michael

 

 

3 comments:

briliantdonkey said...

Im not going to let this comment get long winded,,,,,Im not going to let this comment get long winded,,,,,,I'm not going to let this comment get longwinded?

wait none of that counts does it?

Glad you didn't pull it.

BD

Roadchick said...

Thanks for not pulling it...it took guts & courage to write it and it helps those that are living vicariously through YOU know where you're coming from.

Anonymous said...

I say don't pull it either. That experience is just one of many things that make you who you are. You're brave to share that with the rest of the world. Most people wouldn't.