21 June 2007

Other Issues

I have major issues with friends at this point in time. Or folks that I believed were friends. Friends that look for excuses to bail and do exactly the opposite of what they say they are going to. I have to believe that, at this point in time, that I am just about the most naive MF in the world, because for some reason I keep believing that the standards I hold my self to for friendship and otherwise are something that others should be able to reach. Turns out that is a load of childish fantasy, as evidently I am the only one that can live up to my own friendship standards.
People say they're buddies. Yet they will turn the other way as you drop off the face of the earth without a trace, and never once look to see that you've fallen over the edge.
People say they're with you through thick and thin, and yet the first time you challenge something in their world view, they'll brush you out of their sorry little lives without a second thought, on the slim excuse that you just don't fit in anymore.
People say that they're tolerant of their friends shortcomings, yet a single email is enough to send them fleeing for the nearest doorway, without even the common courtesy of explaining why you are no longer worthy of their neurotic little world view.
Yeah, I'm the naive dumbass here, because loyalty and brotherhood have always been tops on my list. Evidently, the military had too much of an influence on me in these matters, because in the Enclosed little world of the average civilian - Civvy's for short, loyalty means less than the fake friendship that they wipe their sorry little asses with.

4 comments:

KDRocker said...

I swear its creepy how we seem to run a parallel on issues. I'd offer advice, but you're right. Most people, even those who claim to be "friends" are just fucking worthless. Have a martini and try not to think on it.

Susan said...

I'm here. That's all.

Kofi said...

I find that friends are optimal as long as I don't ask them for anything.

But wait... that's what friends are for.

Guess I'm in the same boat.

Michael Thomas said...

Thanks for stopping in Kofi. Seems a lot of people are in the same boat. Be better, I guess, if we'd all met first. hehheh